DIY GREENHOUSE PLANS
We design our greenhouses to be durable, energy-efficient, year-round growing environments. With our pre designed & engineered greenhouse plans, we aim to save you time and money, and reduce waste on your greenhouse build. These simplified plans, which have been applied to most of North America, are straightforward to build (or modify) with construction experience. Our materials list allows you to easily and quickly purchase greenhouse rated, durable materials.
Ceres Proven Year-Round Design Features
- Insulated, wood framed walls with R-14 insulation minimum
- Water and mold resistant siding
- Double-pane glass windows on South, East and West (East and West windows are operable)
- Window and door trim
- Insulated fiberglass door
- Triple-wall polycarbonate roof, fastening system (creates water-proof seal) and aluminum trim
- Structural Engineering: Structure and roof framing engineered per 2018 IRC for 40 lbs/sq.ft. snow load and 135 mph V-ULT (3-second gust) wind speed at IBC exposure C, Seismic Zone B
Purchase Standard Greenhouse Plans
Sizes: 10’x12’, 12’x16’, 12’x20’ and 12’x24’
- Construction blueprints (framing plans) including elevations and wall sections
- Quality Engineering: Structure and roof framing engineered per 2018 IRC for 40 lbs / sq.ft. snow load and 135 mph V-ULT (3-second gust) wind speed at IBC exposure C, Seismic Zone B
- Materials list and sourcing information (you can also purchase greenhouse-specific materials, such as roofing materials, through us)
- Instructions on installing polycarbonate roofing
- Optimized integration for GAHT® system (sold separately)
With our Ground to Air Heat Transfer (GAHT®) system, the greenhouse is also naturally heated and cooled year round by storing excess heat in the soil underground. This plan package combines building plans for the greenhouse, and our plans / instructions for installing a GAHT® system on your own.
Standard Plans: $750
with GAHT® System: $1150
*Please Note: Plans can be engineered for higher snow and wind loads and/or stamped by an engineer. Additional charges will apply; please request a quote
Access Residential Greenhouse Related Brochures
Recent Blog Posts
Finance Your Greenhouse
Looking for financial help?
We can help you find funding for your greenhouse project.
Frequently Asked Questions
For backyard gardeners (under 1,000 sq. ft.), we recommend using our Back Yard Kit or our Residential Greenhouse Plans and purchasing an aquaponics or hydroponics kit, such as those available from The Aquaponic Source (for Aquaponics), or building your own system.
For aquaponics/hydroponics greenhouse over 1,000 sq. ft., our HighYield™ Kit Greenhouses provide simple, cost-effective installation and durable structures for both systems. These can be combined with a pre-designed system, or a system you design and construct.
We are always here to help in the design and greenhouse selection process. Please get in touch with more about the best fit for your situation.
More Greenhouse Options from Ceres
HighYield BarnTM Kit