Grow food from the comfort of your home.
The Vesta™: Greenhouse Home Design
Ceres new kit house is leading the way in energy efficient greenhouse home design. The goal of the Vesta™ is to provide you with a self heating, food producing home that is affordable to purchase, fast to construct, low maintenance and beautifully designed.
Why The Vesta™ Kit House?
Passive House Inspired
This energy-efficient greenhouse home design has strategic overhangs that shade windows in summer and allow for sunlight and warmth to enter in winter
A Greenhouse For Food & Heat
The greenhouse attached to the home is designed as place to relax, grow food, and act as a supplemental heater
Insulation wraps around the exterior of framing, with 4” Insulated Metal Panels for walls (R-32) and 6” panels for the roof (R-48)
Pre Fab Construction
No framing to cut, minimal material waste, and ready to build. Easy to order and fast to construct.
Integrated & Automated Controller
The Ceres designed Vesta™ controller makes the highly efficient structure a truly smart home. The controller works as a standard thermostat to control your HVAC equipment, while also controlling greenhouse exhaust fans, heat, supplemental lighting and shading if desired. The controller can open and close strategic windows to move heat from the greenhouse into the main house on cooler days, and can open upper clerestory windows for cooling when needed on warmer days.
A Flexible Layout
We leave the layout and design to you. Customize your Vesta™ or Vesta+™ to your own style.
Ceres does not provide interior design or materials.
- 2 sizes available: Vesta (960sqft), Vesta+ (1520sqft) house
- 12×40 attached greenhouse/mudroom
- Galvanized structural steel for greenhouse and house
- 4 exterior doors
- Vinyl windows for greenhouse & house
- Exhaust & circulation fan kit for greenhouse
- Pre-engineered insulated raft slab with radiant air heat (optional)
- Stamped structural drawings, construction drawings
- Pre-engineered for 65psf snow & 110 mph wind load