Deciding on framing materials depends on the size of the buildable lot, size of structure, and wind and snow loads. Residential solar greenhouses are most commonly built with wood framing; however, wood framing is less economical for larger commercial greenhouses.
Light Gauge Steel Frame
Used primarily for our commercial HighYield™ greenhouses. The kit greenhouse frame ships faster than heavy gauge and is easier to set up with less construction waste and lower labor costs.
- 23ft or 30ft deep (north to south)
- Any length in approximately 4ft measurements
- 2”x 4” domestic galvanized steel frame
- Less shading
- Shorter timeframe for completion of project – faster design, engineering, delivery times and construction
Heavy Gauge Steel Frame
Mostly used for large scale commercial custom designs. A heavy gauge can be used for any sized structure, and can be designed for any wind or snow load.
- Typically used for site-specific building footprints
- Hot-dipped domestic galvanized steel frame
- Available in single-span greenhouses up to 84 feet deep
Insulated Metal Panels (IMPS)
All steel frame greenhouses are constructed with IMPS- foam composite insulated metal panels, engineered to maintain interior climate control no matter the weather.
Finance Your Greenhouse
Looking for financial help?
We can help you find funding for your greenhouse project.