It is important to know how to evaluate glazing materials as they are continually changing with advances in manufacturing technology. Light transmittance, insulation, durability and UV stability, thermal expansion, sealability, and cost are among some of the considerations we evaluate together to find the right material for your application. Talk to Ceres professional to find the right option for you. Below is a breakdown of the glazing options we offer.
Our standard polycarbonate material is a triple-wall, 16 mm panel that provides high light transmission and excellent energy-efficiency. Polycarbonate is one of the strongest glazing materials, making it the most common rigid plastic in the greenhouse industry today.
- Multi-wall for higher insulation and energy-efficiency
- High light-transmittance: from 77-85% light transmission
- Lightweight and easy to install
- 10-year warranty
- Can be rated for any wind load or snow load
- No leaks: Weather-proof seals with an aluminum attachment system
A synthetic resin that allows for high light transmittance, up to 91% of photosynthetic range (PAR), including UV transmission.
- Full UV transmission
- Doesn’t yellow
- Good insulation- energy savings of to 55% per year- when compared to single glazing
- 10-year warranty
Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE)
Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE), is a thermoplastic film, known for it strong mechanical strength, resistance to UV damage, chemical resistance, and low surface energy. Ceres is the sole provider of ETFE for greenhouses in North America.
- Up to 96% light transmission with full UV
- Diffused option allows for reduction of shadows and improve plant growth
- Durable and resistant to diverse environmental conditions
- Long lasting
- Lightweight and broad design flexibility
- Multilayer film options can provide additional thermal insulation
- Customized installation per location
The most commonly used glazing option in traditional greenhouses, glass can be used in specific applications as requested.
- High R value and light transmittance
- Long life span
We partner with Rabensteiner to design highly efficient glass greenhouses.
Finance Your Greenhouse
Looking for financial help?
We can help you find funding for your greenhouse project.