Ceres “Do-It-Yourself” Design Features
Take the guesswork out of building a year-round residential greenhouse with our standard building plans. Plans include:
- Insulated, wood framed walls with R-14 insulation minimum
- Water and mold resistant siding
- Double-pane glass windows on South, East and West (East and West windows are operable)
- Window and door trim
- Insulated fiberglass door
- Triple-wall polycarbonate roof, fastening system (creates water-proof seal) and aluminum trim
- Structural Engineering: Structure and roof framing engineered for 40 lbs / sq. ft. snow load and 160 mph wind load.
What is a GAHT™ System?
GAHT™ systems provide energy-efficient climate control by using the mass of soil underground. Often called ground-to-air heat exchanger or climate battery, GAHT™ systems serve four critical functions:
- Year-round heating and cooling
- Humidity control
- Air circulation
- Renewable climate control